You can learn more about the dairy and Leontien at her blog, http://fourleafcloverdairy.blogspot.com. Be sure to look for a feature article on Leontien this fall.
Progressive Dairyman is pleased to announce the winner of the 2011 Ice Cream Flavor Face-Off is Vanilla Bean, represented by Leontien VandeLaar of Geneva, Indiana. Leontien, originally from the Netherlands, operates Four Leaf Clover Dairy.
We also want to thank the 15 other competitors who participated this year. They were:
• Brenda Hastings, Ohio dairy producer: Chocolate Fudge Brownie
• Shannon Seifert, Minnesota dairy producer: South Dakota State University’s Raspberry Cheesecake
• Walt Cooley, Progressive Dairyman Editor: Blue Bunny Cookies ‘n Cream
• Dario Martinez, Progressive Dairyman Southwest Editor: Blue Bell Buttered Pecan
• Nancy Grossi, California dairy producer: Sunnyside Farms Rocky Road
• Ashley Messing, Michigan dairy producer: Michigan State University’s Final Four Fudge Dribble
• Emily Yeiser, dairy graduate student in Virginia: Penn State Berkey Creamery’s Peachy Paterno
• Rob Hull, Idaho dairy producer: Dryer’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
• Kelsey Holter, dairy undergraduate student in Ohio: Homemade Vanilla
• Emily and Tim Zweber, Minnesota dairy producers: Stonyfield’s Crème Caramel
• Ariel Waldeck, dairy undergraduate student in Kentucky: Blue Bell Southern Blackberry Cobbler
• Ray Prock, Jr., California dairy producer: Thrifty Chocolate Malted Crunch
• Karen Lee, Progressive Dairyman Midwest Editor: Blue Moon
• Rose and Greg Hartschuh, Ohio dairy producers: Toft’s Dairy Caveman Chocolate
• Kevin Brown, Progressive Dairyman graphic designer: Blueberry Pomegranate
Among the more than 700 entries received throughout four rounds of voting, 551 submitted their e-mail addresses for the voter prize. Aaron DeHaan, an Alltech territory sales manager in Clovis, New Mexico, was the lucky winner and will receive the prize, $100 worth of the winning flavor of ice cream.
Click here for see Flavor Face-Off articles from this summer. If you're interested in competiting in the 2012 contest, e-mail
with your name and chosen flavor. PD